This solution is for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. In certain situations (through installation or modifying settings) Windows Security dialog box is not displayed when pressing the key combination CTRL + ALT + DEL. Only the Windows Task Manager dialog box shows up.
This is generated by enabling in Windows environment the option “Use the Welcome Screen” regarding how tousers log in. To modify that, following steps are required:
- Open the User Accounts window selecting Start -> Control Panel – > User Accounts;
- Select the task “Change the way users log on or off”;
- On the User Accounts form, uncheck the Use the Welcome option;
- Deselectare optiune Use the Welcome screen;by default the Fast User Switching option is disabled; this last option allows user to switch between their sessions (without losing their data) or to lock the computer via the key combination Windows Key + L;
- Save the options using Apply Options button.