By default, in Windows Vista and Windows 7, the size of icons is set to Medium. On higher resolution, they appear too big and are in contrast with the quality of the interface elements. If you prefer another size for desktop icons, there are two things you can do:Switch between standard icon dimensions:
- right-click in an empty area of the desktop to activate the context menu (to quickly minimize all opened windows – hold window-key and pres M-key);
- select View option to activate the sub-menu that controls icon sizes and desktop arrangement;
- choose between Large Icons, Medium Icons, or Small Icons.
Customize icon size to you desired level:
- single left-click on any desktop icon or empty area (to quickly minimize all opened windows – hold window-key and pres M-key);
- hold the Ctrl-key and scroll mouse wheel forward or backward to enlarge or reduce size of desktop icons to desired level.